Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS)
There are many services available through ACT’s CLASS program. Our dedicated team of professionals at ACT provide high quality case management services and coordinate a variety of services to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to live autonomously.
ACT is a case management provider through the CLASS program. Other services through CLASS include
- Habilitation (adult day care and independent living skills training)
- Respite Care (relief for primary caregiver)
- Nursing Services
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Pathology
- Occupational Therapy
- Psychological Services
- Adaptive Aides and Medical Supplies (covers up to $10,000 per year)
- Minor Home Modifications (covers up to $7,500 total)
- Consumer Directed Services
- Specialized Therapies (including: music therapy, therapeutic horseback riding, massage therapy, and recreational therapy)
- ACT also provides non-medical in-home services through this program, including: checking client’s wellbeing and home/living conditions, performing safety checks and verifying emergency/disaster preparedness plan, scheduling appointments, assisting with errands (as needed), checking supplies and providing online information related to personal services.
For the past 15 years, our qualified, caring staff of Case Managers has been providing personalized care and support through our Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS) program. Our CLASS team works with each individual, focusing on client choice and autonomy, to ensure his or her needs are met.
ACT’s Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS) are available throughout Texas. Regional offices for this program are located in Dallas, Fort Worth, Lufkin, Longview, Waco/Temple, Austin and El Paso.
Since the Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS) program is overseen by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS), there are specific eligibility requirements. To be eligible for the CLASS program, individuals must have a disability that originated before age 22 and qualify for Medicaid. Detailed eligibility guidelines are available on the DADS website at http://www.dads.state.tx.us/services/faqs-fact/class.html.
Currently, there is an interest list for the Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS) program. To be placed on the interest list for CLASS, please call toll-free 877-438-5658. You will need to be prepared to provide the following information when you call:
- Social Security and Medicaid numbers
- Type of disability and age of the onset
- Date of birth
- Address and telephone number
If you are interested in transfering to Ability Connection's CLASS program, call or email ACT's CLASS Program Director in the Questions / Contact section, below.
For additional information on the Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS) program at Ability Services Texas, please click the Contact Us button below and submit the short form provided.
Office Phone:(214) 247-4570
Mobile Phone:(817) 692-4430